Saturday is not a day to sleep in for me. In fact, I get up earlier than I do any other day. At first I wasn’t so sure about that, but I think I’m getting used to it. I also taught more today than I did most days this week. I found out after I was ready to go to English teaching today that Mr. Pye was feeling sick and wasn’t coming in to teach. I also found out that they wanted me to teach both of his classes this morning. (each is an hour and a half!) I was pretty nervous at first: I was only partially prepared for the second class, and I had no idea what the first class was studying and I hadn’t met them before.
It turned out I really didn’t need to worry. We all pr@yed before class, and I felt pretty confident during the classes. I actually ended up enjoying it! English has never been my favorite subject to teach, but it was exciting to teach these kids who don’t know so much of what I take for granted. I love to see their parents at the end of class. They are so proud that their children are learning English. I’m so glad I have that opportunity to teach in the community outside of school. I know it will be challenging, but also a blessing!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment