
Friday in Mr. Pye’s class is a lot of fun. They have the same classes as always, but in a different sort of way. For reading class, they played a lot of word games, solved puzzles, and even played balderdash! Each group (the class is split into groups of 3) got to make up a definition for a word. Mr. Pye and I also got to make one up, then each group had to guess the correct definition. It was hard, they came up with some really good definitions! –and I fooled them a couple times too. For Bible class, they did a trivia game called Bible baseball- it’s pretty much self explanatory, and a lot of fun! My fifth graders are really smart (I wouldn’t want to have to compete against them!)
At the end of the day, we went down to the first grade room and the students read to them for about half an hour. Each fifth grader has a first grade reading buddy. It was so cute to see them reading to the first graders and taking care of them. Some of the students brought their puppets with them to “help” with the reading. (Mr. Pye makes puppets with his class each year. They all have so much fun with it!)
Today I also got interviewed for the school newspaper! It’s kind of a small school so everyone knows I’m there and talks about me apparently- o dear! I’m only the second student teacher they’ve ever had there. Hopefully when they read the article about me, they’ll know all there is to know and will move on to more exciting subjects :)

No comments:
Post a Comment