Today was the last day of the first semester for KIA. (it ends before Chinese New Year instead of Christmas) To celebrate, they had their annual teachers vs. students volleyball game. I have absolutely no volleyball skills and had no intention of playing, but finally ended up letting the kids talk me into it. I had extra incentive from Mr. Pye (he said my student teaching “grade” depended on it J) The whole school was outside for the game- it was fun to see everyone together, and even more fun to watch the people who reeaaalllly got into the competition! The weather here still amazes me: it felt like June instead of January!
Back to the game- I made my five-minute debut on the court, and then gracefully rotated out after helping the team get a few points (the other team that is!) The teachers won- for the fifth year in a row, and everyone had a good time, after the students got over their loss.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment