
The students in my class have a daily journal that they write in each day. Yesterday, their writing assignment was to ask me a question, and then I took the journals home to answer their questions and ask them one too. They asked me everything from “Why do you believe in G-d,” to “What’s your favorite color?” I had a lot of fun reading them and getting to know the kids a bit more from what they’d written before. I know I’m gonna accumulate a lot of good stories teaching them J
I bet you’re wondering what the title to this post means, so I’ll get to that: Today after school we had an elementary staff meeting, so I had to stay late and take the bus home alone. I was almost positive I knew where my stop was, but I shouldn’t have been so confident- I ended up taking an hour long tour all around Kunming. After I realized I missed my stop, I just stayed on the bus until I saw something that looked familiar again. At first, I was pretty nervous- I know no Chinese, and had no way of contacting anyone, but then I was able to give it to G-d and enjoy the ride a bit. We went down really narrow bumpy village streets and huge, busy streets downtown. I finally made it back, and somehow got off at the right stop. Everyone was just starting to get worried about me, I’m glad I didn’t cause too much panic and it all ended well. I saw a lot I probably wouldn’t have gotten to see otherwise, and looking back, I kind of want to do it again, just for fun (but this time I’ll know that I’ll actually get back ok)
-The picture today is of me at a restaurant with some of the teachers. Mr. Pye is sitting next to me.
(yesterday's pix were of the bridge in front of the Rodgers' house)

No comments:
Post a Comment