



These pictures were taken just a couple streets down from where I took the pic I put up yesterday. I love walking down the older streets here. These pictures are from the bird and flower market downtown. It’s a huge market where vendors sell hundreds of tropical flowers and beautiful birds. It’s so pretty to walk through. There are also many crafts, woodcarvings, and clothing for sale there.
On the way to the market this morning, I saw a few random things: first, I witnessed a genuine Chinese fire drill! - our bus driver stopped at a traffic light, got out, walked around the bus, and got back in. I have no idea why! Then we passed by a water truck (that was spraying down the streets even though Kunming is in a drought) The truck was playing “Happy birthday” as it drove along. It sounded like an ice cream truck! They play random songs like that on the buses too. The other day one bus was playing “Away in a Manger!” All I can do is smile :)

No comments:
Post a Comment