

Yesterday was supposed to be my first day back, but I woke up feeling sick, so I had to stay home. Chinese food is not doing well with me lately. This is the second first day I’ve missed: first, at the beginning of my time in China, and then yesterday. I wonder if anybody’s starting to wonder. I don’t know: my stomach just seems to pick the important days to act up.
Anyway, school went well today. It was good to be back. I think it will take a little bit to get back into the school routine after 2 weeks off, though. Today I was standing at the bus stop at 7:30 sharp, proud of myself for being on time. Suddenly I realized I forgot to put one of my lesson plans in my bag. It was an important one that I’d spent a lot of time writing. I knew I couldn’t go to school without it so, a bit annoyed at myself, I headed back to the house knowing I’d probably miss the bus. It turned out ok; I ended up catching the next bus, just barely: the driver had pity and waited when he saw me running down the street toward the bus stop. I ended up being only a couple minutes late. When I got to school, Mr. Pye reminded me I was teaching reading this morning and that when the students arrived, I was in charge. O… I wasn’t exactly as prepared as I wanted to be to hear that. The lesson went ok, I was a little nervous, but the kids were well-behaved.
Teaching went a lot better after lunch. I was more prepared for the lessons I taught and enjoyed it more as I felt my confidence returning. Mr. Pye observed one of my lessons and was very encouraging when we talked about it together

This comment has been removed by the author.
ReplyDeleteI'm sure enjoying your blog. Thanks for sharing.
ReplyDeleteMike White