Great things about teaching:
-When the kids are well-behaved during a lesson (which is thankfully usually the case!)
-When I learn something new through teaching (just hopefully before I teach it, not during!)
-When some of the kids in my class choose to stand with me and talk to me when I’m on recess duty,
-When a lesson goes how I planned for it to go, or turns out better- thanks to my students!
Great things after teaching:
-When the Wednesday teacher meeting only goes for 10 extra minutes after school!
-When my bus gets there right away when I get to the bus stop
-Going home after school and changing into comfortable clothes
-Just relaxing after a long and eventful school day
Today I was observed by both Mr. Pye and the elementary principle of the school. I was a bit nervous, but my lesson went pretty well. (I’m glad they were observing today and not yesterday) We did an activity for Valentine’s Day, (because they’ll be on break Feb. 14th) and then wrote poems about G-d’s love. Some of them turned out to be really beautiful! I was very impressed and will definitely make copies of them to keep.
I’m continuing to learn through mistakes: this afternoon when I was taking the class to library, I took them down the hallway and started to walk upstairs. I heard a small voice behind me say, “Um, Miss Brown, the library is downstairs.” O, of course it is! Silly Miss Brown!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment