




Well, this last weekend was a lot of fun. (now that it’s almost this weekend) I got to go to the Stone Forest (Shilin in Chinese) I’d seen it driving by when we went on our trip over Chinese New Year, and it was really exciting to see up close. It’s an absolutely beautiful place and it was so much fun to explore! The second day we were there, we went to see a cave- it was the biggest cave I’ve ever seen- inside a huge mountain. We took a boat to get to the cave, and then rode horses on a different route to get back to where we started.
The only downside of the weekend was living off ramen noodles and crackers because there was only Chinese food there and it seems like every time I eat that I get sick! Kunming has more western food, which has really saved me the last month.
The standardized testing has gone well this week- the kids have been really good about it and it was definitely interesting to experience as a teacher. Because they’ve been testing all morning, Mr. Pye and I have been trying to have some fun things in the afternoon for them. Yesterday we played the game, “concentration” which took me back to elementary school. (I guess that’s where I’ve been the past couple months, but sometimes I realize it more than others.)
I only have 2 teaching weeks left (plus English teaching this weekend) It’s amazing that I’m almost done!

No comments:
Post a Comment