

Contrary to the title, these photos are not of my class. (in case you wondered) These are photos of the kids at the Chinese school that shares a campus with KIA during their Monday flag raising ceremony. They play the Chinese anthem and 2 students are chosen to raise the flag. It's really interesting to watch.
Read on to hear about my class...
So I have to brag about my students a bit: they impress me so much every day. I’ve really grown to love them and I know I’ll miss them when I leave in a couple weeks!
We’re getting ready to have our Passover celebration this Friday, and I’m having them write acrostic poems with the word REMEMBER as that is the reason G-d commanded Israel to celebrate Passover. Here’s a mix of some of their poems so far (about G-d and what He has done for them): R-Redeemer and friend E-Enjoys seeing me smile M-Making me His child E- forEver loves me M-Messiah B-Best friend E-Embraces me when I’m sad R-Remembers me, never forgets.
I smiled so much reading their poems and seeing a bit more of their hearts!
I’ve enjoyed teaching a lot this week. Today I did my last content lesson for my astronomy unit. I prepared so much for that, it’s amazing that I’m just about done with it. Tomorrow we’re playing “space jeopardy” to review everything they’ve learned in the unit. Yesterday we watched the video clip from NASA of Neil Armstrong taking the first step on the moon. They enjoyed that a lot and we had a good discussion about it. I told them how amazing it would have been to see that live on TV. I told them my parents saw it when they were 10 years old. From this information, one of my students figured out that her dad is 1 year older than my parents. This really shocked her. She told me today, “Miss Brown, isn’t that crazy that my dad’s older than your parents when I’m so young and you’re so old?…” “O yes, that really is crazy!” I said.
Yep, I love my class!

No comments:
Post a Comment