
The week is nearly over and I think that’s a good thing. I’ve been really out of it this week. It’s been a mixture of being flighty and overwhelmed, maybe because of the big transition coming up, and it’s been a busy week! The flightiness has manifested itself in different ways- forgetting things at home that are supposed to be at school, and at school that are supposed to be at home. The best one though, that even I had to laugh at, was when I threw my key out the fourth floor window yesterday. I was meaning to just toss a small piece of an ice cream cone that I didn’t want (they do that sort of thing here :), but I realized too late that my key had been in that hand as well. I thought it was definitely gone, but when I went down to look for it, I found it almost right away!
School spirit week has made this week more relaxed than usual, and it’s been fun. –I just didn’t know that student teaching would include wearing crazy umbrella hats around school for rainbow day! Today was “Asia Thursday,” and it was so much fun to see all the kids come to school dressed in beautiful outfits from all over Asia.
There have been a lot of “lasts” this week. Last lunch and recess duty, last math lesson, last parent letter to write, Monday will be my last day! (my plane is leaving at 11:55 pm on Mon. evening) Unfortunately I haven’t graded my last paper yet, though. The students’ research papers are going to keep me busy this weekend. These are the good lasts, the hard lasts will be on Monday.

Love your hat!
ReplyDelete